Wed, Oct 27|
PD Webinar - Making Phonics Instruction More Meaningful and Effective
This research-based webinar will include suggestions for responding to learning gaps and will identify strategies that teachers can use to accelerate diverse students’ progress.
Time & Location
Oct 27, 2021, 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM
About the Event
Learn new ways to engage students in developing and applying phonics skills throughout the school day and across the curriculum. Phonics expert Wiley Blevins explains how to combine systematic instruction, based on the Science of Reading, with purposeful reading and writing that increase knowledge and extend students’ literacy learning through practice and application. This research-based webinar will include suggestions for responding to learning gaps and will identify strategies that teachers can use to accelerate diverse students’ progress. Attendees will learn how to:
- Use the Science of Reading and targeted teaching to meet current learning needs.
- Combine explicit phonics instruction with active and thought-provoking practice.
- Develop the automaticity needed for comprehension of complex grade-level texts.
- Help students apply their phonics skills while working with content-area topics.
- Adapt and augment teaching techniques to meet students’ current learning needs.